Machars Action is a community based company that offers a range of services.
- Acts as a tourist information point to visitors
- Issues wildfowling permits for Wigtown Bay Local Nature Reserve on behalf of Dumfries & Galloway Council
- Provides serviced office accommodation to: Crossroads Care, RSPB Dumfries & Galloway Reserves office, and Galloway Acupuncture
- Manages the Booktown Bunkhouse on behalf of the Wigtown & Bladnoch Initiative.
- Provides a store front for local craftspeople.
- Provides a venue for outreach surgeries, including Dumfries & Galloway Councillors
- Gives community groups and organisations access to funding advice services and other support to assist them to identify and secure possible funding for their projects.
- Provides a comprehensive Events Calendar to visitors and locals, accessible through our website
- Provides an inexpensive photocopying, printing and administration service
- Provides affordable meeting room hire
- Provides affordable equipment hire
- Provides digital photo printing facility
- Offers Independent Examination of Receipts and Payments Accounts for Clubs and Organisations.
Our services are available to community and voluntary groups, charities, individuals and small businesses.